- 32-40 hours
- HBO of WO opleiding
Software Engineer Milking Robot (Python, C++)
We are looking for a talented and experienced software engineer that will help building the next generation of Lely's automated milking systems!
You will join a software development team that is responsible for bringing the milking robot software to the next level. This means that the goal of our team is to make sure that our software is extensible and maintainable with fast time to market. All these are focused on adding value to the customer, our farmers.
Typical tasks in our team include:
- Gather requirements and specifications by interviewing stakeholders, reading existing documentation, and analyzing legacy C++ code.
- Design, implementation, and test of Python embedded software using state of the art patterns, techniques, and tools.
- Produce concise but descriptive documentation of your design.
- Perform design and code reviews within the team to ensure maintainability and code clarity.
- Write extensive unit, component, and system tests to keep the software quality high.
- Improve our CI/CD pipelines when needed.
- Visit farms to verify the product in real-life situation.
- Contribute to the Agile work process by estimating task complexity, reporting on your progress, and managing risks.
- Find new ways to improve software development.
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science (or a similar field).
- You have at least 3 years of experience with Software Engineering, experience with embedded systems and test automation is a plus.
- You are fluent in Python 3 and you have good knowledge of the C++ programming language.
- You have working knowledge of Linux and Git.
- Experience in working in multidisciplinary Agile Scrum teams.
- Experience with Docker, CAN, and Data Distribution Service (DDS) is a plus.
- EU-citizenship is required.
A job for a true inventor, at a company driven by innovation. You will see your ideas come to life as they leave the factory to our customer, the dairy farmer. At the end you will contribute to a sustainable way of farming.
- a competitive salary and excellent benefits;
- flexibility in terms of working times and conditions;
- variety: one day you will be at the workshop, another day on the farm and the next day you will work at the main office;
- the space and freedom to innovate, construct new ideas and develop yourself;
- 40 holidays per year;
- the tastiest coffee you will ever drink, courtesy of our barista;
- time for fun: table football, volleyball and a basketball court.
Recruitment or Consulting agency? We appreciate your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We understand you are trying to offer your candidates interesting jobs at an innovative company like Lely but consider that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.
Bel of WhatsApp via +31(0)6 535 019 49 of mail naar email@example.com.
Lely, founded in 1948, directs all its efforts towards creating a sustainable, profitable and enjoyable future in farming. Circling the cow, the company develops premium robotics and data systems that increase animal welfare, flexibility and the production on the dairy farm. For more than 25 years, Lely has been leading in the sale and service of automated milking systems to successive generations of dairy farmers across the globe. Every day, Lely inspires her employees to offer customers innovative solutions and be a reliable partner for long-term advice and support. With her Head office in The Netherlands and a worldwide network of dedicated Lely Center locations for tailor-made sales and support, the Lely Group is active in more than 40 countries and employs around 1.200 people.