The Farm Management Support team is part of the overall Customer Care team in the Lely Atlantic Cluster. The Cluster supports, steers, grows and professionalizes the Premium Distribution Channel by:
- Coaching Lely Centers and Lely Center employees to professionalism in respect to the Franchise agreement;
- Strengthening the Lely Centers and assist them to become more successful;
- Driving adoption (of robotics) and New Product Introductions (NPI’s) from national perspective and enhancing customer centricity to remain maximizing Lely’s national market share.
The Farm Management Support (FMS) role reports to the FMS Team Lead. They will have regular interaction with FMS teams in our Lely Center network, Lely International and other Lely departments when required
As Farm Management Support (FMS) within Lely Atlantic Customer Care (Aftermarket) organisation you will be supporting the current FMS team in looking to improve the financial and social well-being of our Lely Center Franchisee (LC’s) and all our Lely customers. Your primary task will act as support/trainer/advisor/sparring partner and Horizon expert for Lely Center employees and other stakeholders by providing farm, herd and automation management guidelines for our range of products. Developing strategic plans with our Aftermarket, Sales and Marketing teams, amongst others to increase market penetration and market share in our Wholegoods and Aftermarket products in line with the company vision. To become the Horizon expert within the FMS team through training and support from our International onboarding and Lely Academy and support from the FMS Team Lead.
- Training LC’s in best farm management practices and how to guide new customers through their process from conventional to successful automatic milking/feeding
- Be in the lead for the role-out of Lely Horizon Farm Advice in the Atlantic region, develop key benefit strategies
- Identify obstacles and barrier to adaptation of automation and work on solutions. Communicate these points for improvement in Lely products and services
- Joined farm visits with the Lely Center FMS employees to coach them on best practices, evaluate their performance, listen to their feedback, customer’s feedback and develop their soft skills
- Train, coach, support and transfer knowledge on best practices, layouts, etc. with the Lely Centers in the Atlantic area and other areas as required. Assisting the Lely Center to evaluate Lely farms by observing and analysing the barn, herd, feed and computer data, summarising observations to a practical advice to reach the farmer’s goals
- Working with the LSO Sales and Marketing teams to develop strategies to increase market share and penetration. Ensuring market feedback towards Lely to improve products and services
- Be a regular point of contact for support to all our Lely Centers.
Skills and Experience:
- In depth knowledge and practical experience of dairy/beef and herd management
- Able to get along well and be open minded with a wide range of agricultural professionals
- Schedule, publicise and facilitate training sessions for LCs and Herd Management Stakeholders
- Knowledge of dairy and beef cattle and animal health in relation to milking and feeding/Grazing
- Ability to assess the health and behaviour of individual animals and the ability to advice on improving the herd well-being and basic animal management
- Full understanding how to operate and explain internet based software solutions
- Good listener, trainer and communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated independent and disciplined individual with analytical skills
- Team worker able to maintain the team spirit over long distances
- Enthusiastic and multi-cultural professional, able to communicate through webinars
- Able to keep the overview but also pay attention to detail
- Good IT and Microsoft office skills
- Good organisational skills
The successful candidate will be requirement to travel national and international, therefore you must:
- Hold clean, valid driving licence.
- Flexible and able to travel often
- Must hold a valid passport
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties to be performed by the employee and may be altered to reflect the business needs of the company.
How to apply:
If you require further information or wish to apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for all applications is 30th November 2021.