- 40+ Hours per week
If you enjoy dealing with technical issues and high-quality products, are looking for a varied job with plenty of autonomy and responsibility, and you live in the Midlands, you have just found your next challenge!
What will be your role?
As a Service Technician, you will be responsible for the maintenance and servicing of automatic milking and feeding systems, barn products on customer premises. These tasks are varied and involve electronics, mechatronics and associated PC software, among other things. In addition, you will be carrying out the installation of the robots purchased by dairy farmers, and part of this task involves providing an extensive explanation of the new acquisition to the customer. New customers must be able to contact you whenever they need to, especially in the initial phase, and you will pay regular visits to the farm to achieve the optimal setting-up of newly installed equipment. You will keep detailed records of all your activities so that your colleagues also remain fully informed; this will ensure that one of them can always take over from you if the need arises. This will include records such as work sheets, time specifications and parts handling, among other things. Call-up services to remedy failures are also part of the function.
You will enjoy a great degree of autonomy within this role, because you will be fully responsible for the optimal and independent development of a region. Lines of communication are short and you will be working with motivated colleagues. The average working day can be full of surprises. When a customer calls you, you will first try to provide telephone support but if that fails to solve the problem you must prioritise that customer, so a flexible approach is essential because your daily planning may often have to be adjusted.
What experience do you have?
We are looking for the following experience:
a technical education, for example, in the fields of electronics, mechatronics or engineering;
- experience as a technician or service engineer;
- resident in Midlands;
- affinity with dairy farming;
- sufficiently good command of English to be able to read technical instructions;
- a service- and client-oriented attitude;
- a team player who likes to support colleagues from a distance;
- a great degree of autonomy, accuracy and cost-consciousness, as well as a pragmatic and solution-oriented attitude, both technically and with regard to customer contact.
What can we offer you?
Lely can offer you:
an interesting job with one of the most innovative businesses in the agriculture sector;
- a training pathway on joining the company to ensure that you become fully familiar with the products;
- Lely pays great attention to internal information sharing, so you will always be kept informed about the latest developments in the industry;
- freedom in the organisation of your work;
- excellent conditions of employment, including: 25 days holiday, laptop, van and phone, holiday pay, pension scheme;
- a well-appointed service vehicle, telephone and laptop.
Founded in 1948, Lely directs all its efforts towards creating a sustainable, profitable and enjoyable future in farming. With the focus always on the cow, the company develops premium robotics and data systems that improve animal welfare, flexibility and production on the dairy farm. For more than 25 years, Lely has been a market leader in the sale and service of automated milking systems to successive generations of dairy farmers across the globe. Lely inspires its employees every day to offer customers innovative solutions and be a reliable partner for long-term advice and support. With a head office in the Netherlands and a worldwide network of dedicated Lely Center locations for tailor-made sales and support, the Lely Group is active in more than 40 countries and employs around 1,700 people.
If all of the above has made you feel enthusiastic about this vacancy, don’t delay!
Apply now using the application form on our website. If you have any questions about the position or the application procedure, please contact email@example.com.