As a Service Technician, reporting to the Lely Center, you will be responsible for the maintenance and servicing of automatic milking and feeding systems, barn products on customer premises. These tasks are varied and involve electronics, mechatronics and associated PC software, among other things. In addition, you will be carrying out the installation of the robots purchased by dairy farmers, and part of this task involves providing an extensive explanation of the new acquisition to the customer. New customers must be able to contact you whenever they need to, especially in the initial phase, and you will pay regular visits to the farm to achieve the optimal setting-up of newly installed equipment. You will keep detailed records of all your activities so that your colleagues also remain fully informed; this will ensure that one of them can always take over from you if the need arises. This will include records such as work sheets, time specifications and parts handling, among other things. On-Call services to remedy failures are also part of the function. You will enjoy a great degree of autonomy within this role, because you will be fully responsible for the optimal and independent development of a region. Lines of communication are short and you will be working with motivated colleagues. The average working day can be full of surprises. When a customer calls you, you will first try to provide telephone support but if that fails to solve the problem you must prioritise that customer, so a flexible approach is essential because your daily planning may often have to be adjusted.
- A technical education, for example, in the fields of electronics, mechatronics or engineering;
- Experience as a technician or service engineer (preferred but not essential);
- Affinity with dairy farming;
- Sufficiently good command of English to be able to read technical instructions;
- A service- and client-oriented attitude;
- A team player who likes to support colleagues from a distance;
- A great degree of autonomy, accuracy and cost-consciousness, as well as a pragmatic and solution-oriented attitude, both technically and with regard to customer contact.
- Must hold clean, valid driving licence
- Strong analytical skills
- Good Communicator
- Attention to detail
- Flexible approach
- Ability to hit deadlines
- Able to work under pressure
- Good organisational skills
How to apply:
If you require further information or wish to apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for all applications: April 30th 2023
By sending your CV, you consent to sharing your data with our Lely Center network.
Your data will be used for recruitment purposes only.