Milking 420 cows on a grass-based robotic system
Tuesday 12th January 2021 at 8pm
Robert and Henry Mulligan from Co. Meath are running Irelands' largest grass-based robotic milking system. They are milking 420, predominantly spring calving, cows through six Lely Astronaut A5's. Labour had become a big issue for the farm and the milking system needed to be upgraded from the 22-unit parlour, the options were to install a rotary unit or a robotic milking system. The decision was made to install the robots which were commissioned in September 2019. The farmers will give their honest experience of working with the system to date with a live question and answer session on the day.
- 11th May - Farm infrastructure and layout for robotic milking systems
- 19th May - Yard design options for robotic milking systems
- 26th May - Grassland management for robotic milking systems
- 2nd June - Large herd management on a robotic milking system
- 9th June - Feeding high yielding cows on a robotic milking system
- 16th June - Planning for 500kg milk solids from 500kg meal
- 14th July - Zero grazing on a robotic milking system
- 21st July - Building a business plan for a dairy business
- 28th July - Is solar power a good investment for a dairy farm?
- 18th August - Basic requirements for a robotic milking installation
- 12th November - Simple robotic milking installation in Tipperary
- 15th of December - Derek O'Halleran Virtual Open Day
- 12th of January 2021 - Robert and Henri Mulligan Virtual Open Day
If you're joining us midway through the series, use the link below to gain exclusive access to our previous Webinars.