1. After implementation 61% of the farmers experienced timesaving to feed their animals. The ‘not indicated’ percentage is of the farms that had the Lely Vector for a short time. It was too early to draw a conclusion for them.
2. 50% of the farmers observed an increased growth of their calves in comparison with the normal growth of the calves.
3. The quality of the meat of the calves increased at least one score or higher for 50% of the farmers.
4. The farmers observed that their calves were more relaxed.
5. The farmers experienced more flexibility to schedule their day.
6. 85% of the farmers recommend Lely Vector to other farmers.
Overall, we can conclude from this research that the Lely Vector has a positive effect on the farms. Moreover, the farmers explained they were satisfied with the Lely Vector even though this was not possible to validate yet.
T4C & InHerd
New: local hot rinse after health treatment T4C
The new Lely T4C update, version 188.8.131.52, brings a new functionality to the Lely Astronaut: namely an option in the medicine library to select a ‘hot rinse’. Lely decided to introduce this option as there are more and more oil-based antibiotics available on the market.
Shakerbox - how to use?
A dairy cow ration often contains different feedstuffs, each with its own characteristics. Therefore, it is not always an easy job to create a well-mixed ration. If you want to measure the mixing quality of the ration, you can use a particle separator box. Later in this article you can learn more about how to use the tool and how to judge the outcome.