New Product Validation Intern
New Product Validation Intern
Lely North America is seeking an energetic, responsible, and qualified intern who Is eager to learn about our company by joining our Technical Service Support (TSS) Milking and Cooling Team. Our TSS Milking & Cooling team is responsible for guiding and contributing to the overall service and support of the Lely Milking & Cooling systems, Lely Center training, and troubleshooting using their knowledge of the dairy industry and equipment to effectively communicate solutions with Lely Centers and farmers.
This New Product Validation Intern will work in a fast-paced environment gaining broad experience in various aspects of Technical Service Support. This 10-week paid internship position will focus on assisting in preparing to bring New Lely Products to market by helping create and validate the proper project layout, and design best practices, installation, and commissioning documentation, while also monitoring new product performance. The intern will be using real-life product to get exposure to drafting and developing support documentation for a new product launch. Our intern will gain hands-on experience/training working with selected Lely Centers and farms within North America. Learning and growth will not only happen through training but also through working relationships and being a part of an innovative team and culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, our intern will have many opportunities to learn through coaching, project assignment opportunities, and guided feedback. Our intern will be paired with a mentor and encouraged to ask questions to gain a deeper understanding of what it is like to work in our industry on a day-to-day basis and experience work-life from a different perspective; ultimately helping them prepare for their future career path.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Specific projects will be assigned using Lely NPI processes to monitor progress and completion.
- Lely Centers and Farm visits.
- Social and professional development events.
- Performance Development Conversations and Feedback session participation.
- Manage flexible work schedule and timely project completion.
Education and/or Experience:
- Actively pursuing CAD, Computer Science, or Data Science Degree or Agricultural Engineering with a Precision Ag Focus.
- Demonstrated product development support experience, “service development” mindset, and agriculture exposure.
- Microsoft office suite, PC-Networking, Presentation Software, and Communication and Collaboration Tools.
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Passion to grow and learn and not be afraid to try new things in software development.
- Confidence and enthusiasm when sharing ideas and collaborating with colleagues.
- Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Complete standard online application for New Product Validation Intern via HERE including submission of Cover Letter and Resume with an email address, telephone number, and address for both school and permanent residence.
Time Requirements: 40 hours per week/ 10 weeks in length
Major(s) requested: CAD, Computer Science, Data Science Degree, or Agricultural Engineering with a Precision Ag focus
Our Organisation / The Department
Founded in 1948, Lely directs all its efforts toward creating a sustainable, profitable, and enjoyable future in farming. With the focus always on the cow, the company develops premium robotics and data systems that improve animal welfare, flexibility, and production on the dairy farm. For more than 25 years, Lely has been a market leader in the sale and service of automated milking systems to successive generations of dairy farmers across the globe. Lely inspires its employees every day to offer customers innovative solutions and be a reliable partner for long-term advice and support. With a head office in the Netherlands and a worldwide network of dedicated Lely Center locations for tailor-made sales and support, the Lely Group is active in more than 40 countries and employs around 1,800 people.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Lely provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.