Credit and Collection Specialist
The Credit & Collection Specialist position is responsible for establishing credit policies and guidelines used when establishing credit limits for Lely Centers, managing and eliminating bad debt exposure, and reducing the potential loss of receivables for Lely North America. The Credit & Collection Specialist works closely with the Cash Manager regarding collection activities. This position reports to the LNA Financial Controller.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and analyze financial information received from customers including financial statements, certificates of insurance and credit reports.
- Assess credit risk and identify credit limits for the Lely Center utilizing established credit policies and guidelines.
- Monitor customer behavior and reactions related to dunning and dispute management.
- Negotiate with customers regarding payment plans for special projects (e.g. orders > $1.0M).
- Analyze and troubleshoot credit situations for dealers and work towards fair and reasonable solutions while maintaining the integrity and interest of Lely North America.
- Participate in credit meetings with local management as well as corporate treasury, identifying and reporting information regarding accounts with at-risk factors (past due accounts, sold out of trust equipment, etc.) Monitors progress and follow up of the dispute process.
- Work in coordination with the Cash Manager in collection activities, working collaboratively to ensure collection activities are well assessed, communicated, and addressed in a timely manner.
- Prepare any necessary UCC Filings.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Finance group and internal departments of Lely North America in various tasks/reports as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance required and 5-7 years of related experience. Corporate collections experience including UCC filing and Customer Credit worthiness necessary.
Intermediate skills: Ability to read and comprehend instructions; write correspondence and emails; effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the Company; ability to communicate effectively with people of other regions and cultures.
Intermediate skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages; apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry. Ability to analyze large amounts of data.
Proficiently operate personal computer, internet, Microsoft Office, including but not limited to: Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, and Concur expense reimbursement program. Experience with ERP systems is preferred.
Intermediate skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations; initiative to overcome minor obstacles.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of finance and accounting with application for credit management.
- Knowledge of the heavy machinery manufacturing business.
- Apply basic accounting principles in the interpretation of customer financial statements.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to understand dealer accounts, dealer financial statements, the seasonality of agriculture and impact on dealer's cash flow, pricing, dealer credit files.
- Ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships, which encourage openness with customers and peers; ability to work with dealers in difficult circumstances.
- Ability to cross-train others in the dealer application process, including development of managerial and credit management skills.
- Ability to be informative and provide professional assistance when working with the public/customers and co-workers.
- Demonstration of good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to use MS Office packages, including MS Word and Excel.
- Detailed oriented with excellent ability to analyze data and circumstances.
- Good at working independently, thinking critically and proffering quality ideas to improving organization’s processes.
- Ability to produce accurate, professional and error-free documents in a timely manner.
- Knowledge in the area(s) of Company policies, procedures, and products.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all aspects.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION:
CMA, CPA or CCE (Certified Credit Executive) is beneficial, but not necessarily required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is regularly required to operate a machine such as a computer and use hands in repetitive motions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
If you are interested in this position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Human Resources, 641-621-2736 for more information.
Our Organisation / The Department
Lely North America is the world leader in automated dairy equipment and offers competitive compensation and excellent benefit package. Post offer background screen, physical and drug screen and job assessment screening required. Lely North America is an EOE and participant in E-Verify.