Dairy XXL Digital Services Developer Intern
Dairy XXL Digital Services Developer Intern
Lely North America is seeking an energetic, responsible, and qualified intern who Is eager to learn about our company by joining our TSS Software & Data team. Our TSS Software & Data team is responsible for supporting Lely Center employees on their daily challenges and assigning in the development of the Lely Center employees to ensure they become technical service experts able to deliver and process data in response to inquiries, issues, and needs for software, procedures, and services. This team responds to Lely Center challenges and quality issues providing technical support, know-how, and troubleshooting processes to the Lely Centers and communicating accordingly with other Lely NA Departments.
This Dairy XXL Digital Services Developer intern will work in a fast-paced environment gaining broad experience in various aspects of Digital Technical Software and Data. This 10-week paid internship position will focus on Dairy XXL farms and the digital services required to prevent downtime by developing new tools, reports, and insights to support these services. Our intern will gain hands-on experience/training working with selected Lely Centers and farms within North America. Learning and growth will not only happen through training but also through working relationships and being a part of an innovative team and culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, our intern will have many opportunities to learn through coaching, project assignment opportunities, and guided feedback. Our intern will be paired with a mentor and encouraged to ask questions to gain a deeper understanding of what it is like to work in our industry on a day-to-day basis and experience work-life from a different perspective; ultimately helping them prepare for their future career path.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Specific projects will be assigned using the AGILE method, and monitoring progress through SPRINT completion
- Midwest Region Lely Centers and Farm visits
- Social and professional development events
- Performance Development Conversations and Feedback session participation
- Manage flexible work schedule and timely project completion
Education and/or Experience:
- Actively pursuing a Computer Science, Data Science, or Agriculture Engineering with a Precision Ag Focus Degree
- Demonstrated software development experience, a “service development” mindset, agriculture exposure if possible
- Microsoft Azure and cloud services, Microsoft SQL, and IT Service Management Processes
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Passion to learn and grow and not be afraid to try new things in software development
- Confidence and enthusiasm when sharing ideas and collaborating with colleagues
- Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity
- Strong interpersonal skills
Complete standard online application for Dairy XXL Digital Services Developer Intern via HERE including submission of Cover Letter and Resume with an email address, telephone number, and address for both school and permanent residence.
Time Requirements: 40 hours per week/ 10 weeks in length
Major(s) requested: Computer Science, Data Science, or Agricultural Engineering with a Precision Ag focus
Our Organisation / The Department
Founded in 1948, Lely directs all its efforts toward creating a sustainable, profitable, and enjoyable future in farming. With the focus always on the cow, the company develops premium robotics and data systems that improve animal welfare, flexibility, and production on the dairy farm. For more than 25 years, Lely has been a market leader in the sale and service of automated milking systems to successive generations of dairy farmers across the globe. Lely inspires its employees every day to offer customers innovative solutions and be a reliable partner for long-term advice and support. With a head office in the Netherlands and a worldwide network of dedicated Lely Center locations for tailor-made sales and support, the Lely Group is active in more than 40 countries and employs around 1,800 people.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Lely provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.