Director of Customer Solutions
Director of Customer Solutions
The Director of Customer Solutions oversees and inspires all commercial sales, key account managers, and regional sales activities to achieve annual sales forecasts and budgets. This position will have direct oversight of product management activities in supporting the development of new products through market data, analysis, and coordination of new product introductions. The Director of Customer Solutions will serve as a member of the senior management team within Lely North America contributing to key decision-making responsibilities for the business and ensuring a high level of strategic leadership, support, and alignment of all whole good sales and adoption activities to achieve maximum market potential.
The Director of Customer Solutions will be a contributing member of the Regional Sales Organization (RSO) and Lely International Teams. Ensuring harmonious and effective regional performance, the Director of Customer Solutions will establish and maintain optimal working relationships with all interdependent departments including, Product Management, Lely NA Care (TSS, FMS, and Aftermarket), Lely Center Business Development, Marketing, and Operations. Travel Requirement approximately 50% domestic and/or international via car or plane per year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and direct all strategic sales and adoption activities for the Lely NA organization in alignment with Lely Center channel partners, including a variety of commercial actions, campaigns, and aligned, efficient marketing approaches within sales funnel
- Manage and lead the 15-person Solutions team towards personal, department, and regional team success. Actively guide, motivate, challenge, and coach team members to pursue and achieve targets, output, and budget
- Create annual sales forecasts & plans for business activities together with the relevant revenue and cost/budgets as part of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) process in collaboration with the Regional Director and other teams (Customer Care, Marketing, and DCD)
- Oversee Lely sales training, lead generation activities, and the Lely CRM tool with our Lely Center channel partners
- Research and stay current on market trends, solutions, and practices and provide market intelligence to related stakeholders. Serve as a leader in the dairy industry and actively build and sustain relationships
- Oversee the health of the sales funnel for data integrity, quality leads, and action to drive sales strategy and growth
- Work closely with the Product Management and Marketing teams to ensure the Lely message is aligned with the market and delivers optimal prospective leads and sales results
- Responsible for successful market introduction and positioning in the distribution channel of all Solutions products
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in business management, ag-business, or related field. 10+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA preferred. Solid connection to the North American dairy industry network desired. Proven work experience in setting and achieving sales and financial targets required.
Key Skills and Abilities:
- A professional commercial leader operating at the highest level and leading by example
- Ability to introduce new concepts and processes to the sales team, and proactively grow the sales and market share of Lely whole goods
- Inspires a OneLely team culture with attributes to bridge teams across LNA business segments
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Successful verbal and written communicator, adapting communication style to the audience in person or online, and effectively present information
- Solution driven mindset with the ability to influence, collaborate and have an approachable spirit
- CRM program configuration, introduction, and implementation experience
- Change Management Experience
- Business Development Experience
- Ability to lead and connect with team members and direct quality performance of duties and development by being a strong motivator and coach of the Solutions Team
- Ability to compile, analyze, and communicate data
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Presentation Software
- Communication and Collaboration Tools
Our Organisation / The Department
Who we are: Vision, Mission, and Core Values
Our Vision: A sustainable, profitable, and enjoyable future in farming
Our Mission: We create innovative solutions that help our customers excel in sustainable milk production to feed the world.
Our Core Values: Lely has 5 core values. Values that guide us in how we behave in dealing with others. On the work floor among colleagues, interacting with our customers, at meetings with our business partners, when dealing with the press; independent of place and time we show our values through our actions.
Innovation: We change traditions by continuously seeking new ideas for positive change
Passion: We love what we do and are passionate to support our customers
Progress: We grow because our people are motivated to improve and move forward
Respect: Our focus is the well-being of people, animals, and the environment
Honesty: Being truthful and fair is essential in our way of working
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Lely provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
If you are interested in this position, please click HERE and search for Director of Customer Solutions.