HR Generalist/Recruiting Specialist
Develops recruitment strategies to achieve desired staffing initiatives for the US and Canadian workforce. Works closely with managers to develop recruiting plans and ensures a professional on-boarding experience for new employees. Assists with the development, implementation, and evaluation of related activities. Accountable to building effective relationships and delivering HR expertise to employees and leaders of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initiates and coordinates recruitment process by posting positions, tracking and screening applications, communicating with hiring managers, scheduling and participating in the interview process. Provides guidance and/or tools to the hiring team to assess candidates for position.
- Identifies and investigates a variety of venues for advertising, including by not limited to online, social media, recruiter and print sources. Maintain recruiting activity records, monitor budget expenses, and evaluate return on investment on posting sites.
- Participates in job/agricultural career fairs to generate qualified applicants.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with college, university and community college placement offices as a source to generate qualified applicants or potential internship opportunities.
- Facilitates post-offer process by initiating pre-employment background/reference checks, drug screening and work physicals, and work assessments, as applicable.
- Prepares offer letters and/or employment agreements and sends new hire packet in advance of first day.
- Compiles information in new hire and prospective employee packets, and ensure documents are current.
- Coordinates employee immigration process, as needed.
- Prepare emails, letters and make calls to candidates not offered positions.
- Develops and coordinates logistics for onboarding to ensure a welcoming, informational, and productive experience, including introductions, facility tour, lunch, IT and desk set up.
- Ensures new employee receives introduction to Lely Vision, key company strategies and provides supporting materials.
- Facilitates training and development opportunities for the first 30-60-90 days to ensure tools, resources, and experiences support the successful onboard of a new hire.
- Ensures job descriptions are current, consistent, and compliant as openings develop or as part of normal business strategy.
- Coordinates and monitors employee performance evaluations and ensure completion in timely manner.
- Participates in performance management cycle and personal development initiatives.
General Human Resources, including but not limited to:
- Participates in Lely tours with in-coming guests, as requested.
- Serves as a backup to payroll processing activities, and as an additional resource for benefit related questions. Knowledgeable to fully process payroll, when assistance is needed.
- Supports HR Manager or other key management with various projects, data collection, process improvements, or other initiatives.
- Promotes internal efforts to connect employees with each other and increase overall employee relations.
- Coordinates wellness programs and other initiatives to promote employee wellness. Collaborates with Employee and Family Resources for employee training and wellness promotions.
- Maintains and updates procedures for related work activities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Human Resources, or related field preferred with 3-5 years effective experience in recruitment or employee relations required.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations; write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals; effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public and communicate orally and in writing with internal and external customers.
Intermediate Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume; apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
Proficiency with online payroll applications, Internet, and Microsoft Office products including, but not limited to, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access.
Intermediate Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations; interpret and apply existing policies and procedures, interviewing and selecting candidates. Company procedures are established, however, when conditions change, initiative must be exercised to overcome minor obstacles.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Comprehensive understanding and deployment of successful recruitment resources.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and assist organizational change initiatives in support of business strategies.
- Critical evaluation skills and ability to consult and influence decisions using sound judgment and data analysis to effectively drive positive business outcomes.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, positive interpersonal relationship skills and ability to effectively work with confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team, work independently, and complete responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Knowledgeable of Canadian employment laws as it relates to position. Ability to speak in French is helpful.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION:
PHR or SPHR Certification preferred.
If you are interested in this position, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or call Human Resources, 641-621-2736 for more information.
Our Organisation / The Department
Lely North America is the world leader in automated dairy equipment and offers competitive compensation and excellent benefit package. Post offer background screen, physical and drug screen and job assessment screening required. Lely North America is an EOE and participant in E-Verify.