The IT Administrator will be responsible for supporting our IT Operations department with management, maintenance, and renewal of our infrastructure. This position is critical to maintaining stable Worldwide IT systems and solutions, including on-time updates, preventative maintenance, risk assessment, and identification of acute and long term solutions involving over 1,300 workstations, 300 servers, with 50% in Maassluis, NL, and the rest in more than 40 countries worldwide. This role will contribute to various local and worldwide IT projects based on strategy and prioritization. To ensure success as an IT Administrator, you should possess extensive experience in networking, server administration, and end-user computing. An accomplished IT Administrator will be someone whose technical expertise results in enhanced IT system efficiency across company structures, in alignment of processes and procedures based on corporate standards and guidelines. This position functions within the IT Operations Team working closely with our Corporate IT team based in the Netherlands and other IT Administrators located in various areas worldwide.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide 1st and 2nd line IT support to end-users
- Maintain service levels for all IT services provided to the business
- Ensure consistently, updated management of incidents using the ITSM tool (TOPdesk) where incidents are tracked, prioritized, and not considered solved until the affected business user(s) have total resolution
- Develop and maintain complete documentation of all local services, systems, end-users, and IT Dept.
- Maintain IT infrastructure and services, including network and server hardware and software applications
- Work in collaboration with colleagues within other departments to improve IT systems and processes
- Create user accounts and perform access control with IT equipment and systems for new team members
- Implement global IT policies and procedures, including architecture, security, and disaster recovery
- Maintain IT policies & procedure manual with regard to use and security of computer systems, network, and information resources
- On-call status for IT issues
- Keeping up to date with advancements and best practices in IT administration and IT Technologies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Management Systems, or related technical field
- 3+ years of proven experience and broad general knowledge in the field of ICT infrastructures and security
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Team player who inspires a team culture
- Confident communicator with the ability to successfully support end-users by implementing, explaining, and managing new and existing tools with patience and enthusiasm
- Employs exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment independently
- Collaborative and approachable spirit with the ability to provide training to end-users and other IT colleagues
- Skilled at prioritizing, attention to detail, and maintaining confidentiality
- Flexible and willing to work occasionally outside normal office hours when required
- Knowledge and experience in automating management activities and enabling self-service options
- Extensive experience with IT Systems, networks, and related technologies (SCCM, Intune, Microsoft 365, Microsoft WVD, Powershell, Active Directory, Windows 10, Server 2012, Server 2016, and/or Server 2019)
- Solid knowledge of VoIP systems (cisco preferred), client and server hardware
- Network concepts and equipment (routers, switches, and firewalls)
Our Organisation / The Department
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Lely provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Lely North America is the world leader in automated dairy equipment and offers competitive compensation and excellent benefit package. Post offer background screen, physical and drug screen and job assessment screening required.
Founded in 1948, Lely directs all its efforts towards creating a sustainable, profitable, and enjoyable future in farming. With the focus always on the cow, the company develops premium robotics and data systems that improve animal welfare, flexibility, and production on the dairy farm. For more than 25 years, Lely has been a market leader in the sale and service of automated milking systems to successive generations of dairy farmers across the globe. Lely inspires its employees every day to offer customers innovative solutions and be a reliable partner for long-term advice and support. With a head office in the Netherlands and a worldwide network of dedicated Lely Center locations for tailor-made sales and support, the Lely Group is active in more than 40 countries and employs around 1,700 people.
If you are interested in this position, please click HERE and search for IT Administrator.