IT Cloud Farm Specialist
IT Cloud Farm Specialist
The IT Cloud Farm Specialist will be responsible for the daily monitoring, management, and support of our digital services in a third-line position while working with the latest technologies in an innovative environment. This position functions within the digital operations center on a team with international colleagues. The team is operationally responsible end-to-end; from the PC on the farm to the Cloud platforms in Azure. The IT Cloud Farm Specialist will have direct interaction with customers in addition to service technicians and product developer colleagues all over the world. This position will work remotely as an active member of the international digital operations team with frequent interaction with Lely international teammates. This role is very versatile and offers opportunities for personal development and professional growth. This position includes occasional travel approximately 20% domestic and/or international via car or plane. Preferred location, USA or Canada.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide third-line support on questions, problems, and bugs related to our digital products, such as T4C and Lely Horizon. T4C collects data from various Lely products active on the farm, including the milking robot, feeding robot, and manure robot, and Lely Horizon is the management system positioned for modern-day farming.
- Investigate complex technical issues by gathering technical information from the field, analyzing the cause of common problems, and testing variables and scenarios.
- Collaborate with Product Development to seek solutions to improve products.
- Routinely involved in the validation of new products or product versions.
- Develop technical manuals and training manuals to define and document best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance.
- Manage cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
- Analyze Field Intelligence data and find opportunities for technical improvements. Document problems and implement preventative measures.
- Continuous on-the-job training and certification.
- Perform occasional Lely Center onsite training.
- 24/7 Hotline phone support on a rotational schedule
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university
- 3 years of proven experience in a 2nd or 3rd line support position
- Experience with Agile/Scrum/Lean manufacturing methodologies
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and cloud services preferred
- Experience with Microsoft SQL preferred
- Experience with ITSM (IT Service Management) Processes preferred
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Team player who inspires a team culture
- Collaborative and approachable spirit
- Solution driven mindset
- Effective verbal and written communicator, ability to effectively communicate with people from other regions and cultures
- Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment independently
- Ability to collaborate, effectively present information, respond to questions, and provide assistance when working with the public/customers, co-workers, supporting the Lely Centers, and with a wide range of dairy professionals
- Skilled at reading, analyzing, and interpreting common and/or product-specific technical information
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Presentation Software
- Communication and Collaboration Tools
Our Organisation / The Department
Founded in 1948, Lely directs all its efforts towards creating a sustainable, profitable, and enjoyable future in farming. With the focus always on the cow, the company develops premium robotics and data systems that improve animal welfare, flexibility, and production on the dairy farm. For more than 25 years, Lely has been a market leader in the sale and service of automated milking systems to successive generations of dairy farmers across the globe. Lely inspires its employees every day to offer customers innovative solutions and be a reliable partner for long-term advice and support. With a head office in the Netherlands and a worldwide network of dedicated Lely Center locations for tailor-made sales and support, the Lely Group is active in more than 40 countries and employs around 1,700 people.
Lely North America is the world leader in automated dairy equipment and offers competitive compensation and excellent benefit package. Post offer background screen, physical and drug screen and job assessment screening required. Lely North America is an EOE and participant in E-Verify.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Lely provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
If you are interested in this position, please click HERE and search for IT Cloud Farm Specialist.