Key Account Manager- Mid West Region
Key Account Manager- Mid West Region
The Key Account Manager (KAM)- Mid West Region is responsible for prospecting, securing, and providing on-going support to the Dairy XL customers milking in excess of 500 cows in the specified region. This position will work in alignment with the respective Lely Center distribution partners within the region. The KAM will be responsible for developing new relationships with targeted prospects, in addition to bringing in new business from current clients. The KAM position will be the lead point of contact for all key client matters, anticipating needs and collaborating with the Lely Center, Lely NA Solutions, and Care Regional teams will take responsibility for the Lely customer success. This position requires approximately 50% of travel per year. Travel may be domestic and/or international via car or plane.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate effective lead generating activities to “fill the funnel” with prospective clients in cooperation with the local Lely Center dealership.
- Strategically implement and utilize the Lely CRM tool, to effectively track the progress of the sales process in cooperation and collaboration with the local Lely Center Dealership.
- Be well versed in the full line of Lely products to suggest and promote to customers and to identify and offer solutions per customer need.
- Collaborate with the Lely Center, Regional Solutions, and Care teams by communicating, suggesting, and sharing information to effectively resolve client issues and/or complaints.
- Provide regular feedback on local market conditions to assist in planning short-term budgets and long term initiatives.
- Serve client needs and deliverables according to proposed timelines.
- Develop a solid and trusting relationship by communicating, providing assistance, and information between major key prospects and clients, local Lely Center, and Lely NA.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Agriculture, Business Management, or related field. Minimum of 3 years of business management experience focusing on sales and/or marketing, and/or a combination of relevant education and experience, required. Knowledgeable in the dairy industry. A strong dairy network would be viewed as an asset.
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Effective verbal and written communicator, adapting your communication style to your audience.
- Team player displaying flexibility, helpfulness, and the ability to relate to others.
- Skilled at being focus oriented, in planning, prioritization, and time management.
- Ability to collaborate, be informative, flexible, approachable, and provide assistance when working with the public/customers, co-workers, and with a wide range of dairy professionals.
- Trusted advisor ensuring excellent customer support, satisfaction, and be responsive.
- Solution-oriented with the ability to create new approaches and processes.
- Develop a deep working knowledge of agriculture equipment, equipment disposal techniques i/e trades, auctions, remanufacture, etc. Knowledge of Lely NA organization and how each department interacts; Competent in the operation of equipment for demonstration purposes and walk around presentations of static equipment to understand the benefits and value delivered to the end-user.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Presentation Software
- Communication and Collaboration Tools
If you are interested in this position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Organisation / The Department
Lely North America is the world leader in automated dairy equipment and offers competitive compensation and excellent benefit package. Post offer background screen, physical and drug screen and job assessment screening required. Lely North America is an EOE and participant in E-Verify.
Founded in 1948, Lely directs all its efforts towards creating a sustainable, profitable, and enjoyable future in farming. With the focus always on the cow, the company develops premium robotics and data systems that improve animal welfare, flexibility, and production on the dairy farm. For more than 25 years, Lely has been a market leader in the sale and service of automated milking systems to successive generations of dairy farmers across the globe. Lely inspires its employees every day to offer customers innovative solutions and be a reliable partner for long-term advice and support. With a head office in the Netherlands and a worldwide network of dedicated Lely Center locations for tailor-made sales and support, the Lely Group is active in more than 40 countries and employs around 1,700 people.