The Logistics Specialist is responsible for supporting the company’s compliance and logistics process with a primary focus on all inbound international shipments. Ensures timely and smooth operations by monitoring inbound containers, oversight of all supporting documentation and communication, establishing relationships with service providers, clients, and co-workers on related information, and ensuring compliance to current regulations. Supports the customer service area by ensuring the needs of client and/or dealer are satisfied by demonstrating knowledge of processes, products and providing timely communications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (of this position include the following)
- Coordinate and manage all container shipments that are ready and available according to forecast with off-site logistics centers, suppliers, and vendors.
- Utilize Third Party logistics software and other systems to assess ordering, tracking, delivery dates, and shipping requirements for on-time delivery.
- Develop and maintain operational reports, file damaged claims, and prepare documentation for export containers. Review freight invoices to ensure accurate billing.
- Researches and evaluates premium Logistics service providers and makes recommendations.
- Establish and maintain logistics procedures and systems, and ensure compliance with regulations and laws.
- Performs Duty Drawback functions.
- Work closely with Customs brokers to advise and/or resolve issues. Provide advice and service to third party shipments for our dealers.
- Provide back up support for Whole truck load paperwork. Provide back up support for LTL bookings and BOL’s.
- Works with warehouse team on finding best rates and transit times for our customers.
- May call freight from vendors and Lely Industries based upon urgency given from Logistics Manager and Planners.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree in Transportation and Logistics or related field with at least 3-5 years previous job experience and/or training involving logistics administration/management, international shipping/compliance, or combination of equivalent experience and education preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the Company. Bi-Lingual French speaking is preferred but not mandatory for the position.
Ability to proficiently operate personal computer, internet, and Microsoft Office, including but not limited to, Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point, and Lotus Notes.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
Intermediate Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form, ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Procedures are generally established but conditions change; initiative must be exercised to overcome minor obstacles and solve problems that may be more difficult in nature.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to priortize multiple tasks, utilize various resources, and manage high volume while demonstrating attention to detail and accuracy to ensure integrity of information.
- Strong computer skills due to manage the integration of information from various sources.
- Ability to provide informative and professional assistance when working with the public/customers and co-workers.
- Ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships to encourage openness with customers and peers.
- Ability to produce accurate, professional and error-free documents in a timely manner.
- Demonstration of good oral and written communication skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is regularly required to operate a machine such as a computer and use hands in repetitive motions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
If you are interested in this position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Human Resources, 641-621-2736 for more information.
Our Organisation / The Department
Lely North America is the world leader in automated dairy equipment and offers competitive compensation and excellent benefit package. Post offer background screen, physical and drug screen and job assessment screening required. Lely North America is an EOE and participant in E-Verify.