North America Sales Manager
The North American Sales Manager is responsible for leading the successful sales and market share growth of the Lely milking, barn and feeding product lines. This role will oversee a team of regional sales managers who work directly with our Lely Centers across North America. The Sales Manager is accountable to developing and achieving the annual budget for all whole goods, as well as achieving margin and expense management targets. The Sales Manager will establish strong relationships with all interdependent departments including Product Management, Lely NA Care (TSS, FMS, and Aftermarket), Lely Center Development, Marketing and Operations. The Sales Manager will have a working knowledge of sales training and CRM tools and be able to guide the uptake of these tools with the Lely NA sales team as well as the Lely Center sales teams. This position will serve as a member of the Solutions team and will have key decision-making responsibilities for the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTES AND REPONSIBILITIES
Displaying strong leadership and ability to introduce new concepts and processes to the sales team, proactively grow the sales and marketshare of Lely whole goods with the following attributes:
- Lead the development of the annual North America sales budget to maximize market share and market penetration opportunities
- Ensure margin and expense targets are achieved
- Provide regular sales reports and projections to the North American Management Team, regional management and Lely International
- Compose and present business plans and strategies
- Strong professional and effective skills presenting the Lely vision to large and small audiences
- Promote Lely sales training, lead generating activities and the Lely CRM internally and with our Lely Center dealer partners
- Work collectively with Product Management and Operations to provide the monthly sales/production forecast
- Work closely with the Product Management teams to identify market opportunities and new product development (NPI) possibilities
- Collaborates closely with the Marketing team to ensure the Lely message is aligned with the market and delivers optimum results
- Collaborates closely with the Lely Center Development team to support the development of a premium sales channel
- Collaborates closely with the Care teams (Farm Management Support, Technical Service Support, and Aftermarket) to create a consistent and complete customer experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Business Management, or related field. At least 5 years of business management experience focusing on sales and/or marketing; and/or combination of relevant education and experience, required.
OTHER KEY SKILLS AND ABILITIES (include but limited to the following):
- Must be a professional leader operating at the highest level and leading by example.
- Ability to build external third party knowledge (“train the trainer”).
- Will be a pro-active member of the Regional Sales Organization and Lely International teams.
- Ensure excellent customer service and customer satisfaction in the area.
- Ability to direct assigned staff in the performance of duties such that performance meets or exceeds expectations; strong motivator and mentor of global account managers and support staff.
- Ability to be informative and provide professional assistance when working with the public/customers and co-workers; ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships, which encourage openness with customers and peers.
- Knowledge of agricultural equipment; knowledge of equipment disposal techniques, i.e. trades, auction, remanufacture, etc.; knowledge of the Lely NA organization and how each department interacts; operation of equipment for demonstration purposes and walk-around presentations of static equipment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Team player with solid people skills
- Problem solving skills with the ability to create new approaches and processes
Business travel is required approximately 40-50%. Travel may be domestic and/or international via car or airplane.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public. Ability to communicate effectively with people of other regions and cultures.
Intermediate Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
Experience working with Microsoft Office products including Word, Power Point, Excel, and Access. Crucial computer skills including Internet.
High Skills: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
If you are interested in this position, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or call Human Resources, 641-621-2736 for more information.
Our Organisation / The Department
Lely North America is the world leader in automated dairy equipment and offers competitive compensation and excellent benefit package. Post offer background screen, physical and drug screen and job assessment screening required. Lely North America is an EOE and participant in E-Verify.