Office 365 Administrator
Office 365 Administrator
The IT Office 365 Administrator will champion the adoption of the Office 365/SharePoint environment within Lely. The IT Office 365 Administrator is responsible for the management and design, including the successful setup, rollout, and administration of Office 365. This role will closely collaborate with International IT Operations Team, Including Service Desk, IT Support, and IT Administrators to serve the global Lely Organization. To ensure success as an IT Office 365 Administrator, you should have a passion for Microsoft solutions and remain up-to-date on the latest functionality and new features. This position plays a pivotal role in the continued expansion of solutions to optimize end-user applications. The IT Office 365 Administrator functions within the IT Operations Team working closely with our Corporate IT team based in the Netherlands.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide 1st and 2nd line Office 365 support to end-users being the go-to expert on all things Office 365, identifying the needs and converting them into solutions
- Train new team members and provide functionality training to existing team members to ensure optimum utilization of the system both remotely and onsite
- Consistently update record management of incidents using the ITSM tool (TOPdesk) where incidents are tracked, prioritized, and not considered solved until the affected business user(s) have total resolution
- Develop and maintain complete Office 365 documentation and training documents around the proper use of Office 365 services and support, including Azure Cloud, Azure AD, Exchange Online, Intune, etc.
- Research and recommend new opportunities within Office 365, staying current with new trends and features
- Work in collaboration with colleagues within other departments to improve existing systems and processes
- On-call status for Office 365/IT issues
- Ensure the operational health of the Office 365/SharePoint online environment including security, availability, performance, interoperability, and reliability
- Troubleshoot various Office 365 issues and convert them into solutions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Management Systems, or related technical field
- 3+ years of proven experience as an IT Administrator-Microsoft Office 365
- Certified as Microsoft Enterprise Administrator (MS100-MS101 and MS200-MS201) - Additional value if also certified for MS 365 Security Administration (MS-500) and MS Managing Microsoft Teams (MS-700)
- Experienced with Office 365 products, including Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint, and Teams
- Experienced with Azure Cloud Services, including Exchange Online, Azure AD, Intune, Teams, One Drive, SharePoint Online, and PowerB environments
- Experienced in Office 365 Security and Compliance Features, including spam and licensing administration
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Team player who inspires a team culture.
- Confident communicator with the ability to successfully support end-users by implementing, explaining, and managing new and existing tools with patience and enthusiasm.
- Employs exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment independently or with team members.
- Collaborative and approachable spirit with the ability to provide training to end-users and other IT colleagues.
- Ability to follow and write technical documentation for end-users and IT Department.
- Skilled at prioritizing, attention to detail, and maintaining confidentiality.
- Flexible and willing to work occasionally outside normal office hours when required.
- Analytical and solution-driven mindset.
Our Organisation / The Department
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Lely provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Lely North America is the world leader in automated dairy equipment and offers competitive compensation and excellent benefit package. Post offer background screen, physical and drug screen and job assessment screening required. Lely North America is an EOE and participant in E-Verify.
Founded in 1948, Lely directs all its efforts towards creating a sustainable, profitable, and enjoyable future in farming. With the focus always on the cow, the company develops premium robotics and data systems that improve animal welfare, flexibility, and production on the dairy farm. For more than 25 years, Lely has been a market leader in the sale and service of automated milking systems to successive generations of dairy farmers across the globe. Lely inspires its employees every day to offer customers innovative solutions and be a reliable partner for long-term advice and support. With a head office in the Netherlands and a worldwide network of dedicated Lely Center locations for tailor-made sales and support, the Lely Group is active in more than 40 countries and employs around 1,700 people.
If you are interested in this position, please click HERE and search for Office 365 Administrator.