Product Manager Milking & Cooling
The Product Manager Milking and Cooling is responsible for supporting the successful launches and sales of Lely Milking and Cooling products through product positioning, troubleshooting, training, marketing, and new product introduction. The Product Manager Milking and Cooling will establish strong relationships with all interdependent departments including Lely NA Solutions teams (Sales), Lely NA Care (TSS, FMS, Aftermarket) Marketing and Operations. The Product Manager Milking and Cooling will have an acute understanding of product needs and work closely with Lely International Product Management to provide the best quality products and support to the North American market. This position will serve as a member of the Solutions team and will have key decision-making responsibilities for the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
With a thorough understanding of the milking and cooling products market, proactively position and promote Lely Milking and Cooling equipment and be experienced with the following attributes:
- Educate the LNA Sales team, Lely Center Milking and Cooling team and local consultants in the various Lely Milking and Cooling products.
- Develop tools, training and promotional materials to establish the unique features and benefits of the Lely Milking and Cooling products.
- Promote milking and cooling products to prospects and external influencers.
- Ability to identify and understand the target market at national and local Lely Center level and understand the genuine need and sales drivers of the potential customer.
- Work closely with Lely International Product Managers for Milking and Cooling Products providing field intelligence and sharing product management concepts.
- Evaluate product placement for development of new products and existing product improvement.
- Provide forecasting support for all Milking and Cooling products to the LNA Sales and Operations managers.
- Support the NA Lely Center facilities in recruiting their Milking and Cooling solution teams.
- Serve as key point of contact for all 3rd party, local, OEM relationships by providing direction and feedback in support of other Lely products.
- Support sales to achieve the Regional Sales Organization and Lely Center sales and margin budget.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Business Management, or related field
At least 5 years of business management experience focusing on marketing and product management; and/or combination of relevant education and experience, required.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public. Ability to communicate effectively with people of other regions and cultures.
Intermediate Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
Experience working with Microsoft Office products including Word, Power Point, Excel, and Access. Crucial computer skills including Internet.
High Skills: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Independent action within an established field is required; new procedures and new approaches to problems must be originated.
OTHER KEY SKILLS AND ABILITIES (include but limited to the following):
- Must be a professional leader operating at the highest level and leading by example.
- Ability to build external third party knowledge (“train the trainer”).
- Will be a pro-active member of the Regional Sales Organization and Lely International teams.
- Ensure excellent customer service and customer satisfaction in the area.
- Ability to direct assigned staff in the performance of duties such that performance meets or exceeds expectations; strong motivator and mentor of global account managers and support staff.
- Ability to be informative and provide professional assistance when working with the public/customers and co-workers; ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships, which encourage openness with customers and peers.
- Knowledge of agricultural equipment; knowledge of equipment disposal techniques, i.e. trades, auction, remanufacture, etc.; knowledge of the Lely NA organization and how each department interacts; operation of equipment for demonstration purposes and walk-around presentations of static equipment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Team player with solid people skills who likes to be creative to problem solve.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The visual requirements of this position are similar to machine operators, inspection, close assembly, clerical, administrative: This is a minimum standard for use with those whose work deals largely with preparing and analyzing data and figures, accounting, transcription, computer terminal, extensive reading, visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, operation of machines (including inspection), using measurement devices, assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions. The employee is exposed to dangerous equipment and devices during field demonstration and/or testing of equipment. Occasionally, the employee is required to work non-regular hours for dealer visits, offsite meetings, and customer events.
Business travel is required approximately 40-50%. Travel may be domestic and/or international via car or airplane.
If you are interested in this position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Human Resources, 641-621-2736 for more information.
Our Organisation / The Department
Lely North America is the world leader in automated dairy equipment and offers competitive compensation and excellent benefit package. Post offer background screen, physical and drug screen and job assessment screening required. Lely North America is an EOE and participant in E-Verify.