Assemblers perform tasks that are necessary to the production process. The Assembler is responsible for putting together parts or pieces adhering to a specified set of blueprints, schematics, or verbal or written instructions. The assembler will verify the correct quantities of parts, quality check completed items, manage parts inventory, and use hand tools and mechanical equipment to produce structurally sound products and structures. First shift, 8 + hours per day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Removes all quantities of metal to clean parts or to produce close fit between parts. Inspect paint or finish to ensure quality
- Aligns components, bolts, and screws them together according to torque specifications
- Install moving parts, such as shafts, levers, and/or bearings working them to test free movement
- Apply decals, company logo, safety warning notices, and other items to the finished product
- Attach doors, panels, and other machine guarding. Detail Machine before shipping
- Test or assist in testing operation of completed product
- Perform job functions to cycle time and tact time
- Support 5S System (Lean Manufacturing) organizational goals within the department to seek and suggest ways for continuously improved organization and process efficiency to achieve department performance board metrics.
- Develop solid and trusting relationships by communicating, providing assistance, and information when collaborating with team members in the production facility.
- Identify any defective items and handle them according to established procedures
- Meet all safety requirements of the company and industry
- Keep a clean and tidy workspace
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Manufacturing and/or Assembly experience preferred.
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Effective verbal and written communicator, adapting your communication style to your audience. Write routine reports and intra-department communications
- Effectively read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, and/or blueprints
- Team player displaying flexibility, helpfulness, and the ability to relate to others
- Ability to calculate figures and apply concepts of fractions, percentages, and ratios. Capacity to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry, and statistical quality control
- Solution-oriented with the ability to create new approaches and processes
- Skilled at being focus oriented, in planning, prioritization, and time management
- Ability to collaborate, be informative, flexible, approachable, and provide assistance when working with the public/customers and co-workers
- Trusted teammate ensuring excellent customer support, satisfaction, and be responsiveness
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Job Activities may include walking, standing long periods, pulling (up to 70 pounds), pushing (up to 70 pounds), Floor to waist lift up to 50 pounds to handle materials, waist to crown lift up to 40 pounds to handle materials.
Our Organisation / The Department
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Lely provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Lely North America is the world leader in automated dairy equipment and offers competitive compensation and excellent benefit package. Post offer background screen, physical and drug screen and job assessment screening required. Lely North America is an EOE and participant in E-Verify.
Founded in 1948, Lely directs all its efforts towards creating a sustainable, profitable, and enjoyable future in farming. With the focus always on the cow, the company develops premium robotics and data systems that improve animal welfare, flexibility, and production on the dairy farm. For more than 25 years, Lely has been a market leader in the sale and service of automated milking systems to successive generations of dairy farmers across the globe. Lely inspires its employees every day to offer customers innovative solutions and be a reliable partner for long-term advice and support. With a head office in the Netherlands and a worldwide network of dedicated Lely Center locations for tailor-made sales and support, the Lely Group is active in more than 40 countries and employs around 1,700 people.
If you are interested in this position, please click HERE and search for Production Assembler.