Regional Sales Specialist
Regional Sales Specialist
The Regional Sales Specialist is responsible for growing sales within the specified region by providing support to the Regional Sales Manager and Lely Centers. Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) focus on promoting the Lely “Dairy XL” sales initiatives and achieving the budgeted sales volume for the region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Regional Sales Specialist is fully responsible for the development and maintenance of the Lely Dairy XL program in the Western Region as agreed with the Regional Sales Manager and Dairy XL Development Manager.
These essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Fully understand the benefits of single box robotic milking in large herd environments.
- Provide training, education and support to the Lely Centers on the benefits of robot milking in large herd environments and how to successfully sell to this market segment.
- Promote the value of single box robotic milking to Dairy XL prospects and stakeholders.
- Maintain an active list of prospects in the sales funnel.
- Achieve annual volume, revenue and gross margin Dairy XL targets.
- Establish and manage industry relations beneficial to XL Dairy growth in the west.
- Provide account management to existing customers as required.
- Have an understanding of the value proposition of the Lely feeding and barn products and be able to communicate these values with prospects.
- Travel requirement to consist of 40 – 60% annually, exceeds 60% at start of position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- At least 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in setting and achieving sales and financial targets is preferred.
- Degree in Agriculture or Business Management is desired but not mandatory.
- Strong sales and presentation skills with the ability to promote the value proposition of the Lely feeding and barn products to Lely Center personnel, customers and prospects.
- Ability to coach Lely Center personnel on the value of implementing professional sales processes.
- Ability to guide common inquiries or complaints from customers, service technicians, or sales partners to the right people internally in the Lely organization.
- Ability to understand standard sales reports.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) is an asset.
If you are interested in this position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Human Resources, 641-621-2736 for more information.
Our Organisation / The Department
Lely North America is the world leader in automated dairy equipment and offers competitive compensation and excellent benefit package. Post offer background screen, physical and drug screen and job assessment screening required. Lely North America is an EOE and participant in E-Verify.