Senior FMS Advisor Dairy XL/ Feed & Barn
The Senior FMS (Farm Management Support) Advisor Dairy XL / Feed & Barn trains Lely Center (LC) dealers and their stakeholders to become independent consultants able to assure the improvement of the financial well-being of Lely customers by providing farm, herd, people and equipment management guidelines for large Dairy XL farms (> 500 cows).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Training LCs on best management practices for Lely products and solutions on large farms and how to guide new customers through their process from traditional milking/feeding to robotic milking/feeding.
- Assisting LCs to evaluate robot farms by observing and analyzing the barn, herd, feed and computer data, into a practical action plan to achieve the producer’s goals.
- Track and report progress of LCs and robot farms to Lely NA.
- Train industry partners (i.e. Nutritionists, Veterinarians) on best management practices.
- Develop North American content for research, sales, etc. and adapt content from Lely International in conjunction with Lely NA FMS Manager and Product Managers.
- Network with academic institutions to stimulate independent research activities.
- Provide feedback on issues and areas of improvement of Lely products and services.
- Travel requirements of 50-60% annually, domestic and/or international.
- Occasional non-regular work hours for dealer visits, offsite meetings and customer events.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- In depth knowledge and experience on Dairy XL Farms with robotic milking and feed and barn products.
- In depth knowledge and experience of general bovine nutrition and passion for support herd management.
- Knowledge of finance management surrounding Dairy XL Farms.
- Good listener, trainer and communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated independent and disciplined individual with analytical skills.
- Team worker able to maintain the team spirit over long distances.
- Able to get along well and be open minded with a wide range of dairy professionals.
- Enthusiast and multi-cultural professional, able to communicate through webinars.
- Able to keep the overview but also pay attention to minute details.
- Able to generate and perform presentations for larger groups of stakeholders.
- Able to make easy to understand practical FMS documentation and tools.
- Able and willing to generate to the point progress reports of LCs and customers.
- Language: Bilingual preferred (English/French or Spanish)
- Full understanding how to operate and explain internet based software solutions.
- Independently scheduling webinars, visits, LEAN events as needed.
- Schedule, publicize and facilitate training session for LCs and Herd Management stakeholders.
- Reports on a regular basis to the NA FMS Manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree: Dairy Science or Veterinarian Medicine.
- Minimum 5 years of on the farm experience as bovine consultant in NA including Dairy XL farms.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with robotic technology.
- Documented experience as trainer/consultant in dairy practices.
- Preferred location: Main Dairy areas in North America .
If you are interested in this position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Human Resources, 641-621-2736 for more information.
Our Organisation / The Department
Lely North America is the world leader in automated dairy equipment and offers competitive compensation and excellent benefit package. Post offer background screen, physical and drug screen and job assessment screening required. Lely North America is an EOE and participant in E-Verify.