Senior FMS (Farm Management Support) Advisor
Senior FMS (Farm Management Support) Advisor
The Senior FMS (Farm Management Support) Advisor is responsible for developing, training, and advising Lely Center (LC) Dealers and their stakeholders to provide farms, herd, people, and equipment management guidelines to ensure continuous improvement of financial wellbeing and satisfaction of the end-user in a consultive capacity. The Senior FMS Advisor will at times work in collaboration with other divisions within Lely such as Technicians, Sales, and Aftermarket Solutions. This position requires travel approximately 50-60% of the year domestic and/or international via car or plane. Preferred location: Dairy areas in Northeast USA or Eastern US. Preferred Language: English. Spanish is an added advantage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be well versed in the full line of Lely products to train Lely Centers to use best management practices for Lely products and on-farm solutions to guide and implement new customers from the traditional milking/feeding processes to robotic milking/feeding.
- Collaborate with the Lely Center to evaluate robot farms by observing and analyzing the barn, herd, feed, and computer data to develop a practical action plan to achieve the producer’s goals.
- Provide regular progress reports of Lely Centers and Robot farms to Lely North America.
- Train industry partners (i/e Nutritionists & Veterinarians) on effective and practicable management practices.
- Collaborate alongside FMS Manager and Product Manager to adapt content from Lely International to develop a strategy for North American Market content for research and sales.
- Network with academic institutions to stimulate independent research activities.
- Identify issues or areas of improvement of Lely products and services and provide feedback.
- Schedule, publicize, and facilitate training sessions for LCs and Herd Management stakeholders.
- Schedule webinars, visits, and LEAN events accordingly and upon training need.
- Occasional non-regular working hours for dealer visits, offsite meetings, and customer events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Dairy Science or Veterinarian Medicine. Experienced as a dairy consultant in North America and experienced working with robotic dairy operations. Documented experience as a trainer/consultant/advisor in dairy practices.
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Team player who inspires a team culture.
- Credible leader, operating at the highest level and leading by example.
- Effective verbal and written communicator, adapting your communication style to your audience in person or via webinar.
- Skilled at being focus oriented, in planning, prioritization, and time management.
- Ability to collaborate, be informative, flexible, approachable, and provide assistance when working with the public/customers, co-workers, and a wide range of dairy professionals.
- Trusted advisor ensuring excellent customer support, satisfaction, and being responsive.
- Ability to build external third party knowledge (“train the trainer”).
- Strong knowledge of practical FMS documentation and tools.
- Ability to operate and explain internet-based software solutions.
- Skilled at generating and performing presentations for larger groups of stakeholders.
- Excels in analyzing and adjusting work procedures for maximum efficiency.
- Finance Management knowledge of dairy farm operations.
- Comfort working with large herd operations and knowledgeable with large herd management approaches.
- Strong Dairy Husbandry skills, and have a knowledgeable range in dairy management, nutrition, reproduction, and/or records analysis.
- A proactive approach to business.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Presentation Software
- Communication and Collaboration Tools
Our Organisation / The Department
Lely North America is the world leader in automated dairy equipment and offers competitive compensation and excellent benefit package. Post offer background screen, physical and drug screen and job assessment screening required. Lely North America is an EOE and participant in E-Verify.
Founded in 1948, Lely directs all its efforts towards creating a sustainable, profitable, and enjoyable future in farming. With the focus always on the cow, the company develops premium robotics and data systems that improve animal welfare, flexibility, and production on the dairy farm. For more than 25 years, Lely has been a market leader in the sale and service of automated milking systems to successive generations of dairy farmers across the globe. Lely inspires its employees every day to offer customers innovative solutions and be a reliable partner for long-term advice and support. With a head office in the Netherlands and a worldwide network of dedicated Lely Center locations for tailor-made sales and support, the Lely Group is active in more than 40 countries and employs around 1,700 people.
If you are interested in this position, please click HERE and search for Senior FMS Advisor.