The Strategic Buyer works within the Lely North America Operations team and is responsible for sourcing and purchasing activities on a quality/delivery/cost comparison basis for overall operations. This role will identify and develop potential new suppliers while maintaining good relationships with existing suppliers to generate better purchasing and payment conditions. Additionally, this role will undertake supplier visits, compiling visit reports upon completion, and developing process improvements to the internal supply chain, including better utilization of systems. This position will work in collaboration with Supply Chain, Engineering, and Operations groups within North America and groups within the corporate office located in the Netherlands; primarily the Corporate Purchasing Team. Business travel may be required both domestically and/or internationally via car or plane.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interface with suppliers to ensure all purchased items including services are delivered within a reasonable price, optimal quantity (availability), quality compliance, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules and needs.
- Perform supplier audits, supplier capability studies, develop delivery and stocking agreements, and tooling requirements and justifications.
- Further define a localization plan for products such as welded assemblies, electrical assemblies, plastic components, etc.
- Coordinate with engineering to ensure that specifications and designs are provided to the suppliers.
- Ensure MRP systems are updated and accurately reflect the agreements with the supply base.
- Review and analyze invoice discrepancies with accounts payable.
- Participate and attend meetings and training involving engineering, buyers, and/or SOP directly impacted by purchasing parts or products on behalf of Purchasing department.
- Support corporate strategic purchasing team with the transition process.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Work Safely, maintain a safe working environment, and adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or Business with 4+ years of previous job experience in managing technical, complex, and high-value product groups.
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Team player who inspires a team culture.
- Effective verbal and written communicator, adapting your communication style to your audience in person or via webinar.
- Ability to calculate figures and formulate complex math formulas.
- Strategic thinking with analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Good negotiation skills and Supplier sourcing skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
- Positive character, commit to deliver, and able to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects.
- Proven working experience leading Supply Chain improvement initiatives with cross-functional teams
- Working knowledge in manufacturing processes and procedures: Lean six sigma methodology in manufacturing
- Working knowledge of MRP Systems, warehouse inventory levels, sales/marketing data, and blueprints.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Presentation Software
- Communication and Collaboration Tools
Our Organisation / The Department
Lely North America is the world leader in automated dairy equipment and offers competitive compensation and excellent benefit package. Post offer background screen, physical and drug screen and job assessment screening required. Lely North America is an EOE and participant in E-Verify.
Founded in 1948, Lely directs all its efforts towards creating a sustainable, profitable, and enjoyable future in farming. With the focus always on the cow, the company develops premium robotics and data systems that improve animal welfare, flexibility, and production on the dairy farm. For more than 25 years, Lely has been a market leader in the sale and service of automated milking systems to successive generations of dairy farmers across the globe. Lely inspires its employees every day to offer customers innovative solutions and be a reliable partner for long-term advice and support. With a head office in the Netherlands and a worldwide network of dedicated Lely Center locations for tailor-made sales and support, the Lely Group is active in more than 40 countries and employs around 1,700 people.
If you are interested in this position, please click HERE and search for Strategic Buyer.