The Lely Group is currently looking for a highly motivated Strategic Buyer to support the operations of Lely North America.
The Strategic Buyer will oversee the localization and sourcing process for Lely North America. This position will be located in Pella, IA. Strategic Buyer will report to the Manager, Manufacturing Engineering and Supply Chain and will work closely with the Lely Corporate Purchasing team located in the Netherlands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and lead the supplier selection process for new and existing products. This includes but not limited to: supplier audits, supplier capability studies, negotiate pricing terms and lead times, develop delivery and stocking agreements, tooling requirements and justifications.
- Further define a localization plan for products like Welded Assemblies, Electrical Assemblies, Plastic Components, etc.
- Ensure MRP systems are updated and accurately reflect the agreements with the supply base. Review and analyze invoice discrepancies with accounts payable.
- Represent the purchasing department by attending engineering, buyers, SOP and various other meetings that are directly affected by purchasing parts or products. Support the Corporate Strategic Purchasing team with the transition process.
- Business travel may be required both domestic and/or international via car or airplane.
- Other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business with 4+ years of previous job experience in managing technical complex and high-value product groups.
Produce timely, accurate, professional and error-free communications orally and in writing with internal and external groups and with people in other regions and cultures.
Advanced Skills: Ability to calculate figures and formulate complex math formulas.
Computer experience with Microsoft Office components including Excel, Word, Access, Outlook and other software programs.
High Skills: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to talk to vendors in a professional manner and negotiate contracts; set performance standards including, but not limited to, on-time delivery of parts, inventory, cost reduction and lead time.
- Ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships with suppliers and peers; respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community; work with others in difficult situations managing conflict and taking ownership of special project.
- Ability to prioritize projects and multi-task to meet deadlines and customer expectations; demonstrate good oral communication skills, including one-on-one and small group situations and with individuals at all levels of the Organization; written skills to produce accurate, professional and error-free documents in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and procedures; Lean Six Sigma methodology in manufacturing and understanding required warehouse inventory levels, blueprints, terms and conditions, contract pricing, purchase orders, blanket orders, sales/marketing data, MRP systems.
- Experience leading Supply Chain Improvement initiatives with cross-functional teams.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, sit, talk, hear and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
If you are interested in this position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Human Resources, 641-621-2736 for more information.
Our Organisation / The Department
Lely North America is the world leader in automated dairy equipment and offers competitive compensation and excellent benefit package. Post offer background screen, physical and drug screen and job assessment screening required. Lely North America is an EOE and participant in E-Verify.