Strategic Marketing Manager
The Strategic Marketing Manager is responsible for the strategic leadership and development of all fully integrated marketing strategies within North America. This primarily involves developing and implementing strategies to strengthen the company’s market brand awareness and presence with a goal to help drive adoption of technology throughout all channel partners and market lifecycle states.
The Strategy and Planning functions are the critical link to the organization and specifically, the Sales and Account Management teams ensuring all marketing activities are directly aligned to Lely’s market growth agenda and business priorities.
Be the voice of our marketplace, our segments, and our customers. Drive the overall marketing strategy of Adoption, Conversion, and Loyalty while creating awareness and appreciation of our innovative capabilities and tools. Work with other strategy and planning team members to challenge the thinking on what distribution partners and customers want, how they buy individually and which marketing channels are most effective at engaging them. Prioritize and support target customer segments, proposition, product and service priorities, core engagement channels and themes.
Translate strategy into meaningful opportunities. Gain commitment and guide implementation of marketing plans to ensure delivery of expected results. Develop a holistic and individual customer segment-marketing plan. Define growth and retention targets into specific opportunity plans, and prioritize customer segments, propositions, geographies, channels, and themes. Propose campaigns that will help promote our Innovative Technology agenda driving awareness, opportunities and sales – and position Lely as innovative in the market.
Be the voice of the customer:
Establish targeted messaging that is compelling, differentiated and aligned to customer workflow and personas. Ensure this is scaled throughout all internal and external marketing activities within North America and aligned with Lely’s global marketing efforts.
This position oversees all marketing management, communications, innovative and data-driven tactics, as well as highly qualified marketing lead generation and customer nurturing activities. Requires experience with and demonstrated knowledge of marketing automation tools and alignment within marketing to sales (CRM) funnel strategies. The position also serves as key North American representative and as one of four global, regional marketing coordinators supporting the global marketing team. This position serves as a member of the North American senior executive staff within the organization and has key decision-making responsibilities for the business.
The ideal candidate is an experienced, proven and passionate professional, who is able to employ unique marketing techniques. This individual is required to drive a standard of excellence across all marketing deliverables, and ensure they add significant value to the business and maximize ROI. Candidate must be a skilled marketing strategist and has the ability to drive creativity and enthusiasm in others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop and implementation of the Brand Strategy.
- Developing and defining the marketing strategy centered on persona-based marketing and alignment within customer segments and new and existing product offerings.
- Overseeing implementation of the Marketing strategy - including campaigns, events, digital marketing, and PR.
- Working closely with the company’s Sales team; enabling them to meet their commercial objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials, and presentations.
- Guiding the day-to-day activities of the marketing team including outside agency oversight and relationships.
- Ensuring the marketing objectives are implemented by the marketing team.
- Work closely with the product management team to define marketing materials and programs.
- Manage social media presence and direct programs to improve social media reputation and recognition.
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends thru brand and customer research results.
- Travel requirements (domestic and international) to consist of 30-40% annually.
To perform this job successfully, this individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Extensive financial background to design comprehensive business plans as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business Management.
- 7-10 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven track record of success in senior-level marketing roles.
- Demonstrated experience in developing strategic marketing plans is required.
- MBA preferred.
- Produce timely, accurate, professional and error-free communications orally and in writing with internal and external groups and with people in other regions and cultures.
- Ability to effectively present information to public groups, service technicians, and/or board of directors.
- Microsoft Office Suite
If you are interested in this position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Human Resources, 641-621-2736 for more information.
Our Organisation / The Department
Lely North America is the world leader in automated dairy equipment and offers competitive compensation and excellent benefit package. Post offer background screen, physical and drug screen and job assessment screening required. Lely North America is an EOE and participant in E-Verify.
Founded in 1948, Lely directs all its efforts towards creating a sustainable, profitable and enjoyable future in farming. With the focus always on the cow, the company develops premium robotics and data systems that improve animal welfare, flexibility, and production on the dairy farm. For more than 25 years, Lely has been a market leader in the sale and service of automated milking systems to successive generations of dairy farmers across the globe. Lely inspires its employees every day to offer customers innovative solutions and be a reliable partner for long term advice and support. With a head office in the Netherlands and a worldwide network of dedicated Lely Center locations for tailor-made sales and support, the Lely Group is active in more than 40 countries and employs around 1,700 people.