Technical Service Area Manager
Technical Service Area Manager
The TSS (Technical Service Support) TSAM (Technical Service Area Manager) is responsible for coaching the Lely Center (LC) dealer service departments to become a profitable technical solutions provider able to assure the improvement of the financial well-being of Lely customers by providing service optimization guidelines and tools to LC’s. This position requires a thorough understanding of the dairy/agricultural dealer equipment channels to be able to effectively communicate service solutions to LC’s. The TSS TSAM regularly and directly works in collaboration with Lely Center managers, service technicians, regional representatives, and customers to ensure the LCs provide profitable services to customers. This position requires travel approximately 30-40% of the year domestically and/or internationally via car or plane. Preferred location- Midwest USA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direction and structured coaching visits to Lely Centers to develop the service departments within the LCs.
- Collaborate with Regional Lely LC Development, Care, and Solution teams by communicating, suggesting, and sharing information to effectively evaluate and elevate the overall technical performance of LCs to become profitable technical solution providers.
- Lead the process of coaching and career development of the LC employees to become technical service experts in collaboration with Lely NA TSS Specialists and Product Managers.
- Implement Servitization and Service Optimization processes within LCs.
- Maintain and promote the certification of LC technicians.
- Evaluate and coach LC service employees onsite and online, and provide appropriate feedback.
- Implement service modules and tools within LCs.
- Review warranty/goodwill information and handle LC complaints and quality issues. When needed, communicate LC issues to other Lely departments.
- Provide technical support, training expertise, and troubleshooting techniques and processes to LCs.
- Ensure products are operated, installed, and serviced properly by the LC.
- Collaborate and assist other Lely North America Departments with training LCs.
- Analyze field intelligence data and seek and discover opportunities for technical improvements.
- Provide Hotline phone support on a rotational schedule.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Extensive knowledge of electronics, computers, and PC-networking. Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university and five to ten years of related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Credible leader and coach, operating at a high level and leading by example.
- Passion for dairy farms and experience with dairy solutions and circumstances.
- Effective verbal and written communicator, adapting your communication style to your audience.
- Skilled at being focus oriented, in planning, prioritization, and time management to support the Lely Center network.
- Trusted advisor ensuring excellent customer support, satisfaction, and responsiveness.
- Ability to collaborate, effectively present information, respond to questions and provide assistance when working with the public/customers, co-workers, and a wide range of dairy professionals.
- Team player with interpersonal skills to motivate and coach the Lely Center Employees and North American staff.
- Skilled at reading, analyzing, and interpreting common and/or product-specific technical information.
Our Organisation / The Department
Lely North America is the world leader in automated dairy equipment and offers competitive compensation and excellent benefit package. Post offer background screen, physical and drug screen and job assessment screening required. Lely North America is an EOE and participant in E-Verify.
Founded in 1948, Lely directs all its efforts towards creating a sustainable, profitable, and enjoyable future in farming. With the focus always on the cow, the company develops premium robotics and data systems that improve animal welfare, flexibility, and production on the dairy farm. For more than 25 years, Lely has been a market leader in the sale and service of automated milking systems to successive generations of dairy farmers across the globe. Lely inspires its employees every day to offer customers innovative solutions and be a reliable partner for long-term advice and support. With a head office in the Netherlands and a worldwide network of dedicated Lely Center locations for tailor-made sales and support, the Lely Group is active in more than 40 countries and employs around 1,700 people.
If you are interested in this position, please click HERE and search for Technical Service Area Manager.