TSS Specialist Feed and Barn
TSS Specialist Feed and Barn
The TSS Specialist Feed and Barn position will be responsible for guiding and contributing to the overall service and support of the Lely Feed and Barn systems, Lely Center training, and troubleshooting using their knowledge of the dairy industry and equipment to effectively communicate solutions with Lely centers and farmers. This position regularly collaborates with the Technical Service Area Managers, Lely Center personnel, and customers to ensure Lely Products are properly installed, serviced, and operating at full capacity. This position is field-based, including travel approximately 30-40% domestic and/or international via car or plane. Fluent in both French and English and able to effectively communicate in both. Preferred location: Eastern Canada or Northwest USA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support, assistance, and information to Lely Center Technicians working in the field to resolve technical problems 24/7 including participating in hotline phone support on a rotational schedule.
- Maintain an up-to-date technical “library” to provide resources for product technical information. Ensure regular contact with Feed and Barn technicians in your territory to provide updates, technical information, and/or training information including distributing the most current technical materials to Lely Centers, such as technical bulletins, parts manuals, and repair manuals.
- Regularly review warranty failure information, Lely Center complaints, and quality issues.
- Provide service training programs, support the design and development of service training aids, and maintain and promote the Lely Certification of service technicians within Lely Center Organizations.
- Perform Lely Center onsite and/or remote training to gather information, properly diagnose product problems, and provide technical solutions.
- Collaborate with spare parts department to notify of technical changes to parts and field complaints regarding spare parts and offer solutions to amend spare parts issue.
- Analyze barn layouts to assess and provide input on installation plans of Lely equipment.
- Assist when needed the Sales and Marketing departments for product demonstrations and new product assembly/set up. Assist in sales meetings and/or trade shows as requested.
- Continuous on-the-job training.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Two to Four years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of electronics, computers, PC-networking, and CAN-Bus communication.
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Team player who inspires a team culture.
- Collaborative and approachable spirit.
- Solution driven mindset.
- Effective verbal and written communicator, ability to effectively communicate with people from other regions and cultures.
- Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment independently.
- Ability to collaborate, effectively present information, respond to questions, and provide assistance when working with the public/customers, co-workers, supporting the Lely Centers, and with a wide range of dairy professionals.
- Skilled at reading, analyzing, and interpreting common and/or product-specific technical information.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Bilingual French and English and able to easily converse in either language.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Presentation Software
- Communication and Collaboration Tools
Who we are: Vision, Mission, and Core Values
Our Vision: A sustainable, profitable, and enjoyable future in farming
Our Mission: We create innovative solutions that help our customers excel in sustainable milk production to feed the world.
Our Core Values: Lely has 5 core values. Values that guide us in how we behave in dealing with others. On the work floor among colleagues, interacting with our customers, at meetings with our business partners, when dealing with the press; independent of place and time we show our values through our actions.
Innovation: We change traditions by continuously seeking new ideas for positive change
Passion: We love what we do and are passionate to support our customers
Progress: We grow because our people are motivated to improve and move forward
Respect: Our focus is the well-being of people, animals, and the environment
Honesty: Being truthful and fair is essential in our way of working
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Lely provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
If you are interested in this position, please click HERE and search for TSS Feed and Barn.