TSS Support North America- Quebec
Oversees and participates in the overall service and warranty of the Lely Astronaut robotic milking systems: training and troubleshooting. The Candidate will coach the Lely Center (LC) dealer employees and their stakeholders to become independent consultants able to assure the improvement of the financial well-being of Lely customers by providing technical and equipment management guidelines for Dairy farms. The candidate must understand the dairy industry and equipment in order to communicate solutions with Lely Centers and farmers. Interacts regularly and directly with service technicians, Lely Centers, customers, etc., to ensure that the products operate properly. Meet customer expectations in the areas of quality and reliability. Bi-Lingual, French/English, would be an asset.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Provides technical support, assistance and information to the Lely Center technicians in the field in order to resolve technical problems and parts supply issues that may occur with the products (24/7). This will include a rotational phone support for the technical support for North America.
- Regularly review warranty failure information, Lely Center complaints, and quality issues with Lely Centers.
- Facilitates aspects of warranty including policies, processing of claims, enforcement of policies, recording and tracking of warranty failures, and reporting failure information.
- Provides Service training programs to the Lely Center organization. Supports the design and development of service training aids for use by the Lely Center organization. Responsible for the Certification of service technicians.
- Distributes technical material to Lely Centers, such as technical bulletins, parts manual, repair manuals, etc.
- Makes necessary field trips to gather information, properly diagnoses product problems, and provides technical solutions for problems.
- Communicates with spare parts department to notify of technical changes to parts and field complaints regarding spare parts. Suggests solutions to rectify spare parts issues.
- Maintains an up-to-date technical “library” to provide a resource for product technical information.
- Provides assistance for the Sales & Marketing department with product demonstrations and new product assembly/set-up. Participates and assists in sales meetings and trade shows as requested.
- Travels to customers and suppliers both domestic and internationally.
College diploma or a Bachelor degree from University; and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Extensive knowledge of Electronics, Computers, PC–networking and CAN-bus communication.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common and product specific technical information. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, service technicians, or Lely Centers. Ability to write speeches and articles for training conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to service technicians, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Bi-Lingual French/English would be preferred.
Ability to perform advanced PC functions. Experience with PC-networking, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Lotus Notes and the Internet.
Strong Customer focus; strong communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to make good decisions, ability to work efficiently as an individual and as part of a team. Must be able to organize and plan itinerary details to effectively and efficiently support the Lely Center network. Must show initiative and desire to learn new things and new processes; Always willing to take on a task as needed; must be pleasant; friendly, organized, efficient, and calm under pressure.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you are interested in this position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Human Resources, 641-621-2736 for more information.
Our Organisation / The Department
Lely North America is the world leader in automated dairy equipment and offers competitive compensation and excellent benefit package. Post offer background screen, physical and drug screen and job assessment screening required. Lely North America is an EOE and participant in E-Verify.