For Immediate Release – January 2024
Lely North America Announces Expanded 2024 Future of Dairy Scholarship
PELLA, Iowa, January 8, 2024 – Lely North America is pleased to offer future dairy industry leaders the opportunity to apply for the Lely Future of Dairy Scholarship.
“Lely believes the future of dairy depends on the development of a solid group of experts entering the industry,” said Xavier Drake, Strategic Marketing Manager at Lely North America. Since its 2016 launch, this program has provided more than $34,500 worth of support to students who are studying for careers in the dairy industry.
This year, Lely is pleased to expand its scholarship program to support the aspirations of even more future dairy industry leaders. In 2024 Lely will award four, one-time/non-renewable $500 high-school scholarships, and two one-time/non-renewable $1,500 college scholarships to deserving, qualified students who are legal residents of the United States or Canada.
To apply for the scholarship, students must be enrolled or planning to enroll at an accredited institution of higher education for the 2024-2025 academic year and participating in a program that can equip them to contribute to the dairy industry. See specific requirements for each scholarship below.
- Four (4) $500 High-School Scholarships: These scholarships are open to students planning to pursue an agriculture-related degree at an accredited two- or four-year college during the 2024-2025 academic year.
- One (1) $1,500 Dairy Technology Scholarship: This scholarship is open to students pursuing degrees in robotics, automation, and/or precision ag that have a passion and desire to work in the dairy Industry. The student must have at least freshman college status at the time of application.
- One (1) $1,500 Dairy Industry Scholarship: This scholarship is open to students pursuing an agriculture degree with a desire to work in the dairy Industry. The student must have at least freshman college-status at time of application.
Requirements include the following:
- Essay: 500 to 700 words
- Resume: 1 to 2 page resume depicting previous leadership, organizational involvement, work experiences.
- Letter of Recommendation: Written by an advisor, employer, 4H leader, etc.
Interested applicants can find complete, official rules and apply online by visiting www.lely.com/scholarship. Submissions will be accepted until March 8, 2024, at 11:59 p.m. CT. Winners will be notified on or before April 1, 2024. Winners will be publicly announced the week of April 8, 2024.
About Lely North America
Lely North America, based in Pella, Iowa, is part of the Lely Group, founded in 1948. Lely directs all effort toward creating a sustainable, profitable and enjoyable future in farming for its customers. Using the cow as a center point, the company develops premium robotics and data systems that increase and improve animal welfare, flexibility and production on dairy farms.
For more than 25 years, Lely has been the leader in the sales and service of automated milking systems to successive generations of dairy farmers across the globe. Every day, Lely inspires its employees to offer customers innovative solutions and be reliable partners for long-term advice and support. With its head office in The Netherlands and a worldwide network of dedicated Lely Center locations for tailor-made sales and support, the Lely Group is active in more than 45 countries and employs over 2,100 people. www.lely.com
For more information, please contact Xavier Drake, Strategic Marketing Manager at Lely North America: firstname.lastname@example.org, 515-290-8277.