- Service Department
- Full time Hours per week
Lely is the world’s leading manufacturer of automated milking equipment with over 30,000 robotic milking machines installed worldwide. Unique within the dairy sector, Lely distribute all products through the successful Lely Center franchise network.
Our rapidly expanding Lely Center is looking to recruit a Service Engineer to cover either the North, South or East of our region depending on your location looking after Lely’s Astronaut robotic milker and associated dairy equipment.
Our team of engineers are responsible for the service, maintenance, repair and installation of our Lely products and will be aware that preventative maintenance is essential.
The successful candidate will:
- Ideally have a relevant qualification in service, mechanical or electrical engineering and/or have agricultural/dairy farm machinery experience and knowledge
- Be using a laptop on a daily basis so computer literacy is a must
Be a problem solver as you will need to analyse the situation and identify problems
- Have the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with customers and colleagues
- Be willing to participate in continual training to develop and improve your skills both in the UK and the Lely Campus
- Have a full UK driving licence with no more than 6 points
Have a willingness to undertake extensive travel within your given South area at times
- Be willing to work overtime at certain times and undertake 24/7 on call work on a rota basis
- Be self-motivated, well organised and able to work and communicate effectively within a team as well as individually
- Be joining a dedicated and professional team that won Dairy Team of the Year at the 2019 Cream Awards
We will provide you with:
- A basic salary plus overtime opportunities and on call enhancements
Your own Company vehicle, laptop, mobile phone and uniform including PPE
- The security of working for the leading global manufacturer and distributor of automated milking equipment
- Comprehensive training through the Lely Academy both at Lely Center Yeovil and at the Lely Campus when appropriate
- Health Insurance and Life Insurance cover (after qualifying period)
In the first instance please send a covering letter and CV to Paul Meadows, Service Manager email@example.com 07738 754459